Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hit the Pace Car...What?...HIT THE PACE CAR!

...well, you've hit every other car...I want you to be perfect!" (fumbled up quote from Days of Thunder)

Justin, my friend of atmospheric height (he's 6'8"), was in a car accident yesterday. Since he was not hurt nor near death, this would normally be just another footnote in the tale of a traveling salesman. However, this story has a twist...

What occurred after the wreck is the part that he and I both will be telling our friends for years.

"There I was...", it begins:

...yielding to traffic like a responsible driver on the I-10 exit going into Crestview, Florida. The driver behind me, on the other hand, did not slow down, and plowed into my rear. [skipping the nonessentials]...When the cops arrived [wait for it...] the patrol car plowed into the rear of the lady that hit me! The lady had just climbed out of her vehicle and her car lurched forward when it hit." (my paraphrase, of course)

While unfortunate and irresponsible on the policeman's part, that's hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home