Wednesday, March 15, 2006

at face value

I despise that part of me that puts on a face when I encounter new people. The subconscious defense mechanism of superficiality has to be peeled back (or lifted, like a cardboard mask) before any real connection can be made.

Life is too short (a cliché, but the first thing that comes to mind) to skim the surface.

“Human Touch” is sharpening, comforting, and illuminating. My purpose this very moment in the personal space of Acquaintance XYZ or Buddy ABC is to walk on the wild side of vulnerability.

I have found it deeply satisfying to challenge my superficiality and pursue meaningful connection with the people God puts in my path.

And this, I believe, is the only way that Grace has a chance in such a cynical world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home