Tuesday, April 11, 2006

some things I want to know_Part 6

16. Do you have a daily quiet time? If so, how long have you had it going? How long are your sessions usually? What time of day works best for you? and so on...

David:

Try to. Couple of years. 15 to 20 minutes. Morning.

Justin:

I used to have one regularly. I am trying to get back to that consistent time with God. The best time for me is early in the morning before anyone else wakes up. Grab a cup of coffee, the Bible, and listen to the creator. It is amazing how that quiet time with God can be so refreshing, yet it becomes the first thing I cut from my schedule when life gets busy.

Greeley:

I talk with God everyday, throughout the day. I do not have a set time that I have the traditional "Quiet Time".

Eric:

By God’s grace, right now I do. But I realize how wicked I am and this could change at any moment. It is much easier to rely on self rather than God. I usually spend about 15-20 reading and praying when I get home from work at 4am. But do to the nature of schoolwork, I can also use school studies for personal growth. Don’t get me wrong; school is not devotion to God. But it definitely helps.

Jeremy:

I have lately begun to experiment with trying to saturate my day with God-centered, or aimed, thoughts. I’ve been listening to David Jeremiah and John Piper online, reading CS Lewis/Philip Yancey/and My Utmost for His Highest, and talking to my friends about God-centered issues as much as possible. I am trying to hammer out a specific time for prayer and study. I believe I am going to try and do it first thing in the morning. Lately I’ve done it when I arrive to work or over lunch, but there are quite a few distractions that hinder that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home